The PODEMOS Scholarship provides financial support to first-time degree-seeking Latinx students planning to attend Holyoke Community College. Awards from this scholarship may cover up to $1,000 per student for the 2023-2024 academic year. PODEMOS is an acronym that stands for:
- Pave the way for future leaders
- Offer opportunities to share common goals and aspirations
- Develop mentors and role models
- Educate and inform on the Hispanic experience
- Motivate and inspire Hispanic academic success
- Obtain skills to further enrich personal and professional growth
- Support excellence in leadership
To be eligible to receive the award, students must be new to college and intending to enroll in at least six credits at HCC beginning in the Fall 2023 semester and must identify themselves as Hispanic, Latina/o, or Latinx. This scholarship is open (but not limited) to DACA, undocumented, and international students. Preference will be given to students residing in Holyoke, Springfield, or Chicopee.The deadline to apply for the scholarship is March 10, 2023.
HOW TO APPLY for THE PODEMOS SCHOLARSHIP
- Create a scholarship account. (Find more information here!)
- Submit the general scholarship application. (This is the general application for all internal scholarships. (Filling out the application will also tell you if there are more scholarships you are eligible to apply to, like the PODEMOS Scholarship!)
- Apply to the PODEMOS Scholarship. (To be considered for the PODEMOS application, all you will need to do is answer two additional questions!)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PODEMOS Scholarship was established by the HCC Foundation in 2021 when the Foundation's Board of Directors voted to allocate $75,000 to support Latinx students and take HCC from a Hispanic Serving Institution to a Hispanic thriving institution. Contributions to the PODEMOS Scholarship may be made at any time by clicking here.