HCC is continuing to protect our community by teaching, learning, and working remotely – and we've still got your back. Visit hcc.edu/remote for support and resources.

Courses & Programs

Transfer Partners

It's never too soon to plan for transfer! HCC has relationships with four-year colleges and universities that range from a formal articulation agreement to an institutional understanding that increases transfer opportunities for HCC students.

What's the difference?

Articulation agreements are between two college or university departments and specific degree programs. The agreement specifies courses a student should take at Holyoke Community College and the transferability of those courses to the four-year college degree program. An articulation agreement addresses the transferability of one degree to another degree.

MassTransfer links associate degree programs at community colleges with four-year baccalaureate programs at Massachusetts state universities. MassTransfer offers guaranteed admission, transfer of credit, plus 1/3 off the cost of in-state tuition for students who graduate with a 3.0 grade point average or higher.

Joint Admission is a program that offers guaranteed acceptance to students who complete their Holyoke Community College degree with a minimum grade point average. Some schools even offer a transfer scholarship based upon the student's final grade point average. While admission is guaranteed, acceptance of all credits earned at HCC is determined by the program into which the student transfers.

Course Equivalency Guides are course-by-course listings developed by the four-year college or university of every Holyoke Community College course and its transferability to that specific institution. This guide addresses course equivalency only. It does not address how a course applies to a four-year degree plan.

Institutional understanding characterizes the relationship between HCC and institutions such as Amherst College, Smith College, Mount Holyoke College, and other selective liberal arts colleges that welcome and give special consideration to HCC students. Students who are interested in transferring to these colleges are encouraged to take advantage of HCC's Pathways program.

Transfer equivalents for American International College. This is a list of all the Holyoke Community courses and how they will transfer to American International College.

Amherst College is a small, private, co-educational liberal arts college that seeks the most promising college students in the world — wherever they come from, whatever their educational background or ability to pay.

HCC offers exceptional preparation for transfer. In fact, since initiating our partnership with Amherst College, more HCC graduates have matriculated to Amherst College than any other community college partner. This is a testimony to the quality of Holyoke Community College students, faculty, academic programs, and support.

Want to learn more about transferring to Amherst? Check out this page!

Bay Path University is an all women's school located on Longmeadow, Mass. Students that have transferred from Holyoke Community College have had great success at Bay Path University.

Program to Program Agreements:

Those students who transfer to Bay Path University without obtaining their Holyoke Community College degree may now participate in the First Degree Program. The First Degree Program allows students to transfer credits back from Bay Path University to earn your associate degree while continuing to earn the bachelors degree.

Simply complete the participation form and you can earn two degrees at once!

Bay Path University Admissions Deadline: Rolling

Bay Path University visits the HCC campus many times each semester. Please check the visit schedule for dates and times.


Joint Admissions grants students automatic acceptance and possible scholarship to Bay Path University as long as they graduate from Holyoke Community College and meet the minimum grade point average.

To participate in the Joint Admissions Program with Bay Path University student must pledge graduate with an overall grade point average of 2.00 or higher. To sign up to participate, please go the advising center (FR 273).

Joint Admissions Intent to Enroll Information & Application

Both a private university and the land-grant institution of New York State, Cornell University is among the most educationally diverse members of the Ivy League. HCC has articulation agreements with Cornell's College of Agriculture & Life Sciences and College of Human Ecology, and its College of Industrial Labor Relations has welcomed a number of HCC students. Follow these links to learn more!

Elms College is a private Catholic college and has been a long standing transfer partner with Holyoke Community College.

Elms College Admissions Deadline: Rolling

Elms College is on the HCC campus every Tuesday during the school year. They are located in the Advising, Career & Transfer Center (FR 273) from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Walks-ins are welcome.

The First Degree Program is a reverse transfer partnership between Holyoke Community College and Elms College for those students who transferred to Elms before they have completed their associate's degree, but who have earned at least 30 credits at HCC. These students may be eligible to complete outstanding associates degree requirements while simultaneously working towards completion of the bachelors degree.

Please check the transfer visit schedule for other dates that Elms College may be on campus.

Joint Admissions grants students automatic acceptance and possible scholarships to Elms College as long as they graduate from Holyoke Community College and meet the minimum grade point averages.

To participate in the Joint Admissions Program with Elms College, the student must pledge to graduate with an overall grade point average of 2.50 or higher. To sign up to participate, please go the advising center (FR 273).

Joint Admission Scholarship amounts (to qualify for these scholarships you must sign up to participate in Joint Admissions and graduate from Holyoke Community College).

Elms College Transfer Scholarships
Transfer Presidential Scholarship $17,000  $15,000
Elms Transfer Scholarship $15,000 $13,000
Transfer Opportunity Scholarship  $13,000 $11,000
Phi Theta Kappa $2,000 $2,000

Holyoke Community College and Elms College have partnered to create a unique weekend program that offers students the best of both colleges. The result is an affordable bachelor's degree from Elms College that can be completed in just 15 to 20 months – with classes that are held on the HCC campus or online. Degrees are offered in accounting, management and marketing, entrepreneurship, healthcare management, psychology, and the RN-BSN online.

How It Works

Students enter the program after they have completed their required associates degree at HCC. During the course of 15 to 20 months, they take classes that satisfy Elms core requirements, as well as the requirements of their chosen degree program. Held on the HCC campus, classes run Saturdays (either 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. or 1 – 5 p.m., depending on the program). Classes are taught by both HCC and Elms faculty. By including up to 18 credits of classes from HCC and 42 credits from Elms, students are able to complete their coursework in 10 seven- to eight-week sessions over a 15- to 20-month period. This uniquely affordable program saves students thousands of dollars. Those who complete the program are awarded an Elms College Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.

Who Is Eligible

All graduates who have earned an associate degree from HCC or any accredited institution are eligible to apply to this program.

  • Accounting
  • Management & Marketing
  • Entrepreneurship
  • Healthcare Management
  • Psychology
  • RN-B.S. in Nursing (online)

The following application materials are required for each applicant:

  • A completed application 
  • Associates degree (required)
  • Official undergraduate transcripts

Please submit these materials to:

Division of Graduate Studies & Continuing Education
Attn: HCC & Elms College Partnership
Elms College
291 Springfield St.
Chicopee, MA 01013

Financial Aid

Financial aid is available for students who qualify. For information regarding financial aid, please visit the Elms College Financial Aid information page or call 413.265.2249.

Applicants applying for financial aid must first apply for an FSA ID and then complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).


Elms College provides a full-time program coordinator to facilitate academic advising, course registration, and orientation on the HCC campus. For more information, visit the Elms College website or contact:

Dianne Jester-Wieland, M.A.
Program Coordinator, HCC
Elms: 413.265.2382
HCC: 413.552.2721
Mobile: 413.427.6553

As the first of the Seven Sisters — the female equivalent of the once predominantly male Ivy League — Mount Holyoke College has led the way in women's education. More than 100 HCC students have been accepted to Mount Holyoke.

A private, selective, liberal arts college for women located in Western Massachusetts, Smith College encourages HCC students to apply. This Collaborative Admission Agreement details guidelines for admission and credit.

General Education Course Equivalency Guide

If you are looking to fulfill general education requirements for Springfield College, use this guide to determine appropriate courses.

First Degree

The First Degree Program is a partnership between Holyoke Community College and Springfield College for those students who transferred to Springfield College before they had completed their Holyoke Community College degree. You may be eligible to complete outstanding associate degree requirements while simultaneously working toward your bachelors degree.

Joint Admissions

Springfield College is one of the Joint Admissions partners with Holyoke Community College. This means that students who complete their degree with a 2.5 GPA or above would automatically be accepted to Springfield College.

All you need to do is:

  • Complete the Intent to Enroll Form (application fee is waived)
  • Submit HCC transcripts as well as transcripts from all colleges attended
  • Submit high school transcripts
  • Complete the Dean's Report
  • Completed academic evaluation form or letter of recommendation
Eligible Programs for Joint Admissions
  • American Studies
  • Art
  • Biology
  • Business Administration
  • Communication
  • Creative Writing
  • Criminal Justice
  • Early Education (transfer)
  • Electronic Media
  • Liberal Arts & Sciences
  • Management Information Systems
  • Mathematics
  • Programming
  • Psychology

Programs may change without notice.

Deadlines for admissions

Fall enrollment: July 15

Spring enrollment: December 1.

Holyoke Community College and Southern New Hampshire University have created several agreements to enhance and ease the transfer process. Students can use these agreements for on-campus programs, online programs, or a combination of both.

These specific agreements have been created in the following programs:

  • Business Administration Transfer
  • Communications
  • Creative Writing
  • Criminal Justice
  • Liberal Arts & Sciences
  • Psychology
  • Sociology
  • Sports Management

Under this agreement, students at HCC enrolled in approved MassTransfer programs who complete the HCC honors program with a GPA of 3.4 or higher will be guaranteed acceptance into the Commonwealth Honors College. HCC students who do not complete the honors program at HCC but maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher for two or more semesters and are in an approved MassTransfer programs will also be offered entry into Commonwealth Honors College. To transfer, HCC students must also meet all other UMass Admission criteria.

  • The overall GPA required for admission will not change; it will remain 3.0 or higher.
  • However, students who previously attended another college will also need to have earned a 3.0 or higher GPA. (Exception: some non-traditional students with a longer interruption between their four-year program and community college enrollment.)
  • The minimum math preparation will be a "B" or better in precalculus, or a "C" or better in calculus. HCC students will need a "C" or better in MTH 162.
  • Students must earn a "B-" in any economics and accounting courses taken as a part of their business transfer program. (For HCC students that means a "B-" or better in ECN 101-102 and ACC 111-112-205).

If you have questions, please contact the Transfer Office at Holyoke Community College (Frost 273 or mbroadbent@hcc.edu).

Sports Management

  • Enroll in Holyoke Community College's Sport Management degree program
  • Maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0
  • Complete the Intent to Enroll Form early in the semester
  • Send an official copy of your transcript at the time of application and one after your last semester that includes a graduation date

Requirements for Hospitality Management

  • Enroll in Holyoke Community College's Hospitality Management Transfer degree program
  • Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5
  • Send an official copy of your transcript at the time of application and one after your last semester that includes a graduation date

Kinesiology Degree

Those planning to major in Kinesiology are required to have a minimum 3.0 GPA, or 2.7 if they have a minimum of a B grade in all science courses.


All students are required to have a minimum 2.7 GPA at the time of application.

Students who will be graduating from Holyoke Community College under MassTransfer will be eligible for exclusive benefits under the UMass Amherst Community College Connection

Application Deadlines

Fall Priority Deadline: March 1; Final Deadline: April 15

Spring Deadline: October 15

Course Guide (list of HCC courses and how they are accepted at Westfield State)

Program to Program Agreements

These agreements are subject to change without notice.

If you are exploring transfer possibilities at Western New England University, please click on your major of interest below to review the requirements and possible course selection. Please remember that program and course requirements may change without notice. These are to be used only as guides and are not official agreements.

Students enrolled in the following programs are eligible for Joint Admission with Western New England University:


Students seeking Joint Admission must satisfy all admissions requirements and earn the minimum cumulative grade point average established.

Pre-Pharmacy Requirements for entry into the Doctor of Pharmacy Program

how to apply

For students participating in Joint Admissions:

Joint Admissions is a program that allows you to automatically transfer to Western New England University after earning your associates degree from Holyoke Community College. Minimum GPA required is a 2.3.

  1. Complete the Intent to Enroll form (application fee is waived)
  2. Request official transcripts from all colleges attended
  3. Request high school transcripts
  4. Request that an official transcript be sent after your final semester at HCC
  5. Standardized test scores SAT or ACT will be waived for students who have earned at least 24 semester hours