TRIO Student Support Services
get in touch
TRIO Student Support Services counselors are available via phone or email Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Flexible appointments can be scheduled in advance. Call 413.552.2505 or email one of our staff directly. Leave your name and contact information, and one of our staff will be in touch within 24 hours.
TRIO Student Support Services is a federally-funded program designed to assist students who are first generation to college (neither parent or guardian has received a bachelor's degree), have a financial need (low-income), and/or have a documented disability. Our overall goal is to increase college retention and graduation rates for program participants.
TRIO/SSS promotes and encourages academic excellence and success amongst its participants through a vast range of ongoing academic support services. We strive to motivate, engage, and empower students to become aware of their academic potential and future success!
- Academic, career, financial aid, and transfer counseling
- Assistance in course selection
- Designated TRIO/SSS classes designed to provide a supportive learning environment
- Mentor program
- Workshops on academic skills, scholarships, self-improvement, and financial literacy
- Math tutor, writing tutor, and learning coach
- Transfer trips to four-year institutions
- Cultural enrichment activities, events, and FUN!
To be eligible for TRIO/SSS
- Students must be enrolled in three or more classes (9 credits or more)
- Demonstrate academic need
- Be likely to earn a degree and transfer to a bachelor's degree program within four years of acceptance to TRIO/SSS
- Be a citizen or national of the United States or meet the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance
*Note: Eligibility does not guarantee acceptance into the TRIO/SSS program.
How to Apply
Students must fill out a TRIO/SSS application to determine eligibility for the program. Eligible students will meet with a TRIO/SSS Counselor for an interview. Space is limited to 224 students per academic year.
Hours of Operation
TRIO/SSS operates Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Our main office is located in Donahue Building, Room 240. The office main phone number is 413.552.2505.