Courses & Programs




for faculty/staff/advisors

Academic Forms

Form Purpose Where to Find Form Signature Required/Notes
Administrative Withdrawal (AW) Removing the student from class due to excessive absences Student Records Faculty member
Application for Fresh Start Policy Restore dismissed student to "good standing" after six consecutive semesters of absence excluding summer/intersession GPA>2.0 ACT Center or Academic Affairs ACT Center Staff, Asst. VP of Academic Administration, or Dir. of Academic Advising Services
Application for Independent Studies or Internship Contract agreement between student and faculty member Student Records Faculty member, student
Change of Major Student-initiated request to change major ACT Center Some restricted programs are noted on the form
Early Alert Notice Given to student who is in academic jeopardy Division offices or Academic Affairs Faculty member
Final Grade Change Extenuating circumstances or error Student Records Instructor
Fresh Start Statement of Understanding Details loss and acceptance of credit with fresh start ACT Center or Academic Affairs ACT Center Staff, Asst. VP of Academic Administration, or Dir. of Academic Advising Services
Graduation Audit Students requesting a Graduation Audit have two options: 1. Complete a Graduation Audit form (available at Student Records); 2. A process is completed every semester with Student Records and an advisor in the ACT center that triple-checks graduation audits. Student Records
Permission to register for 5 or 19 or more credits Exception of policy: Student may not exceed 4 or 18 credits without permission ACT Center or Academic Affairs Asst. VP of Academic Administration or Dir. of Academic Advising Services
Petition for Readmission Form 1 & Form 2 Allows dismissed student written request to return to the college Academic Affairs Asst. VP of Academic Administration or Dir. of Academic Advising Services
Petition to Audit a Class Attended course only Student Records Student, Student Records staff
Prerequisite Waiver Provides exception of prerequisites ACT Center or Student Records Student
Request for Exception to Graduation Requirement Waives graduation requirements. Used in the case of changing curricula (courses no longer offered) or advising errors Academic Affairs or Student Records Dept. Chair, Dean of Division, VP of Academic Affairs
Request to Change Advisor Student-initiated request to change advisor Academic Affairs or ACT Center Student, new advisor
Schedule Change Request (Add/Drop) Allows student to alter the schedule during first four days of classes ACT Center or Student Records or online Student, HCC staff member
Withdrawal Form Withdraw from one course, or from the college Student Records Student

campus resources

Resource Services Contact
ACT Center (Advising, Career & Transfer)

Advising: Provides all aspects of academic advising and transfer for current students

Career: Assistance with career exploration, job search, resume writing, and career workshops

Change of Major: Students may change their major with an advisor in the ACT Center

Transfer: All relevant and up-to-date information regarding transfer to a four-year college or university

FR 234
Linda Scott

FR 273
Richard Powers

FR 273
Mark Broadbent

Change of Advisor Students may change their advisor by contacting the Academic Affairs office Academic Affairs
FR 317
Emma Young
Center for Academic Program Support (CAPS) Free academic support for students through learning coaches, peer and professional tutoring, the Math Center and Writing Center, and workshops and seminars. CAPS
DON 240
Andrew Fletcher
Computer Labs Provides access to high-speed computers for HCC students Open Computer Lab
DON 142
Disability Services Assists students with documented disabilities Deaf & Disability Services
DON 141
Maureen Conroy
Library Provides the resources to fulfill classroom assignments and expand education beyond the classroom Library
DON 208
Mary Dixey
Online Courses Take one online course, or complete your entire degree online Online Programs
Karin Moyano Camihort
Placement Testing Students can retest in math or English is applicable; Score Results Guide Placement Testing
FR 271
Sharon Paquette
Veteran Services Reps will assist student-veterans with eligible support, resources, and benefits

Veteran Services
FR 232
Karen Rock

The Bunker
FR 149

Welcome Center

Admissions: Admissions application (process and status); transfer or admissions counselor appointments; testing appointments (CPT); campus tours; guidance counselor/high school inquiries about HCC

Student Accounts: Student billing

Student Records: Enrollment verifications; course times and availability; course and college withdrawals; graduation audit applications; transfer credit

Financial Aid: Available to answer any financial questions students may have: how to apply; awards; financial aid limitations; FAFSA; Federal Direct Student Loan; federally-funded work study; grant programs

Welcome Center
FR 221

FR 221

Student Accounts
FR 221

Student Records
FR 223

Official Transcript
FR 223

Financial Aid
FR 201
Karen Derouin

WellConnect Student Assistance Program Offers students, their families, and members of their household 24/7 access to one-on-one mental health counseling; legal assistance; budget, debt, and financial counseling; new parent coaching; and a wealth of other services and resources


Student Affairs
FR 224

special programs

Program Purpose Contact
ALANA Men in Motion Academic support and mentoring for students of color CAPS Center
DON 240
Andrew Fletcher
ESL Support Program Bilingual academic support including advising, tutoring, advocacy and referrals, orientation seminars, academic and career counseling, language, and assessment/placement ESL
DON 207
Eileen Kelley
Multicultural Academic Services (MAS) Academic advising, support, and activities MAS
FR 262
Myriam Quiñones
New Directions Support program for adult women 24+, single mothers, and female veterans New Directions
FR 232
Lori Wayson
Pathways Academic advising and planning for promising students wishing to transfer to a selective liberal arts college Pathways
FR 264
Irma Medina
STRIVE STRIVE is a federally-funded Student Support Services TRiO program for academically disadvantaged students who receive select academic support services STRIVE
DON 235
Elsie Rodriguez
Thrive@HCC Thrive@HCC offers an array of free service to help students and community members build financial skills Thrive@HCC
DON 236

for students

Looking for an HCC employee's contact information? If you know their name, search the directory. If you're looking for an office or department, visit the contact page, where HCC offices, departments, and services are listed alphabetically.

Visit the cost of attendance page to learn about HCC's tuition, as well as mandatory fees.

Create an account at, and follow the steps sent to the email adress that you provided.

Yes. Find all the PVTA details, including schedule, on this page under "PVTA Bus/La Guagua."

New Student Orientation (NSO) provides new students with information about academics, requirements, and student life that will help you make a successful transition. As a new student, it is mandatory to attend one full NSO session. Learn more here.

HCC provides an opportunity to earn your high school equivalency certificate through the HiSET (high school equivalency) test, also known as the GED. The tests are online, though a paper test option is available. Sample questions and practice tests are available to help you prepare. Test takers can also access career counseling and learn more about furthering their education. Learn more here.

Once you've applied to HCC and taken the placement tests, you can register for classes by meeting with your advisor. Contact your advisor directly to set up an appointment, or contact the Advising, Career & Transfer (ACT) Center in FR 273, 413.552.2722, or

You should have received an email prior to the start of the semester that lists your advisor. 

You can also check Online Services. Log in with your HCC ID (nine-digit HCC ID number located on your HCC ID card) and your PIN (the default/temporary pin is an uppercase "H" + lowercase "cc" + the last six digits of your HCC ID number. For example, if the last six digits of your HCC ID are 123456, your password would be Hcc123456. The first time login, you will be asked to create a new PIN).

Once logged in, click on the Student Services tab, followed by the Registration tab. You can then click on Advisor Information.

HCC provides free parking for students, employees, and visitors. Find out where you can park by clicking on "Parking" on this page.

Explore placement test prep, learn important information about your placement test, and schedule your test online here

Did you know? More than half of all HCC students receive financial aid from federal, state, and/or private sources. The Financial Aid Office is here to provide guidance, and help you complete and submit your paperwork. You can even apply and submit federal financial aid forms directly from our office. Click here, send an email to, call 413.552.2150, or stop by FR 201.

Nowhere! Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the HCC campus. This policy includes electronic and vapor cigarettes as well, and applies to faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Learn more about our policy and explore free resources to help you quit smoking at

Visit the Dining Services website to review campus dining hours of operation, look up menus and nutritional information, or inquire about employment opportunities.

Yes! You can receive credit for many courses by passing college credit examinations. These examinations, which are available in numerous subject areas, provide an affordable way to receive college credit.

We are proud to have you at HCC and greatly appreciate your service to our nation. We know that balancing college life with your military, career, family, and personal responsibilities can be very challenging. HCC would like to facilitate your success by providing the support, resources, and information that meet your unique needs. View a full list of our support services for veterans.

Visit the Emergency Preparedness page to find out who to call, what to do in case of fire, safety tips, and more.

Order textbooks online through MBSDirect.

If you need assistance, please visit the College Store in DON 154 or call 413.552.2521.

The College Store is located in DON 154.

To receive accommodations and services, you must register with the Office for Students with Disabilities & Deaf Services. Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing can register directly with the Deaf Services Office in DON 147B or by calling 413.650.5502 (VP) or 413.552.2317 (voice).

Please contact Thrive@HCC by visiting FR 233, calling 413.552.2783, or sending an email to Our Thrive staff will be able to provide you with support like housing referrals, SNAP application assistance, and more.

Access the College Catalog by clicking here.

You can also find it on the HCC website in the lefthand menu under "Courses & Programs," and in the dropdown menu under "Courses & Programs."

A screenshot of the HCC website

A screenshot of the HCC website

HCC offers free, comprehensive wellness services through the WellConnect Student Assistance Program. Through WellConnect, students, their families, and members of their household have access to one-on-one, 24/7 mental health counseling.

Access WellConnect 24 hours a day, seven days a week by:

The HCC Foundation offers more than $200,000 in scholarships available for new, current, and transferring students (money you never, ever have to pay back). The application process is open every February. Learn more and apply!

Please contact Thrive@HCC by visiting FR 233, calling 413.552.2783, or sending an email to Our Thrive staff will be able to provide you with support like housing referrals, SNAP application assistance, and more – and they keep snacks on hand for hungry students.

Click here for an up-to-date campus map!

HCC has over 30 active clubs and organizations, with new ones being formed all the time (not to mention a radio station, a newspaper, and a literary magazine). Have fun, make connections, develop leadership skills, and pursue new interests. Clubs have access to funds, travel, and a variety of programming opportunities.

Academic Clubs
Identity Clubs
Interest Clubs

Visit the Clubs & Organizations page for more info!

Ready to quit smoking? HCC offers free resources!

HCC Health Services

  • Individual Counseling
  • Hypnosis
  • "Freedom from Smoking" workbook
  • Nicotine replacement


  • Available 24/7
  • Counseling services
  • Resources and support

Additional Resources

Sexual assault is a criminal offense. HCC encourages anyone who has experienced, witnessed, or heard of a sexual assault to report it so the survivor can get help and the college can respond appropriately.

To report a sexual assault, please visit this page and click on "Sexual Assault Incident Report Form."

Your report will be sent anonymously to HCC's Affirmative Action officer and Title IX coordinator. If you wish to make a report through campus police, you may call 413.552.2211 from a cell phone or off-campus land line, or dial 2211 from any on campus phone, and you will be connected with an HCC police officer.

If you would like to speak with a counselor, please visit the Student Affairs office in FR 224 or contact us at 413.552.2231 and counseling will be arranged. For 24/7 mental health counseling you may also contact WellConnect at any time by calling 800.326.6142 (voice/TTY) or via the WellConnect website.

To receive accommodations and services, you must register with the Office for Students with Disabilities & Deaf Services. Stop by DON 147 OR contact us by calling 413.552.2417 to schedule and attend an information session. Please plan to bring with you to the information session:

  • Completed Student Information Form
  • A copy of documentation of your disability for OSDDS to keep on file. Your documentation should be relevant to your current status and include a specific diagnosis of a disability and specific recommendations for educational accommodations. Also see Disability Documentation Guidelines.

Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing can register directly with the Deaf Services Office in DON 147B or by calling 413.650.5502 (VP) or 413.552.2317 (voice).

To join an HCC sports team, please fill out the athletic interest form.

Click here to get info about finding an academic internship.

Yes. Flu shots are available seasonally at Health Services, along with a variety of other support, first aid, education, and coaching.

HCC is a great place to start if you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university. Expore transfer opportunities.

Contact the Center for Academic Program Support (CAPS) for free academic assistance in DON 240, or by calling 413.552.2416 or emailing Learning Resources Coordinator Andrew Fletcher. Online tutoring is available, and check out the Writing Center and Math Center, too!

If you're concerned about a peer's behavior, please contact the Behavioral Intervention Team using this form.

If you need immediate assistance, please dial 2211 from a campus phone or call 413.552.2211 or 911 from a cell phone.

Click here for Bartley Center hours and more information.

Wellness Promotion at HCC helps students manage the stress that can interfere with academic success, while encouraging a healthy, balanced lifestyle and a sense of belonging on campus. Program offerings include free mindfulness meditations, yoga sessions, mindful walking, and more. Please contact Wellness Promotion Coordinator Mary Jane (Mimsy) O'Connor by email, at DON 239, or by calling 413.552.2422.

Explore our personal enrichment classes to take a course that doesn't carry academic credit.

Click here to access up-to-date information about Commencement.

The easiest – and fastest – way to find out if campus is closed is to update your contact information in Rave, HCC's alert notification system. Rave can send text, email, and/or phone alerts, but only if we have your up-to-date contact information. In addition to Rave alerts, campus closings or delayed openings are posted on the college website and on Facebook and Twitter. Make sure to follow us for notifications!

Delays or closings due to inclement weather are also available on HCC's Weather Hotline at 413.552.2900, ext. 1418. Please do not call the college switchboard for this information, as an operator may not be available.The following media outlets carry announcements of closings and delays:


KIX 100.9 FM
WHMP 96.9 FM, 1400/1240 AM
WHYN   93.1 AM, 560 AM
WRSI 93.9 FM



Note: Closures or delayed openings of the Holyoke Public Schools does not mean there will be a closing or delayed opening at HCC. The radio or television station must announce "Holyoke Community College."


If there are 45 minutes or more remaining in a class or lab, it will start at the time the campus opens. For example: If HCC has delayed opening until 10 a.m. and you have a class scheduled from 9:30-10:45 a.m., that class will meet from 10-10:45 a.m. If you had a class scheduled from 9-9:50 a.m., that class will not meet.

Yes! Follow us on...